Conditions treated with noninvasive ventilation
Your patient might have difficulty breathing and may need the help of a ventilator to breathe as a result of a greater medical condition, such as:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), with emphysema and/or bronchitis
- Acute lung injury
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome
- Obesity hypoventilation syndrome (OHS)
- Neuromuscular disease (NMD)
- Chest wall disorders
- Breathing impairment due to a spinal cord injury
You can also read more about ventilation for pediatric patients.
Noninvasive ventilation products
ResMed offers a range of NIV products for use in the hospital or the home.